Pages

25 February 2011

4 Month Check Up

He must have known what was in store for him.

Yesterday we went to the pediatrician for Jake's 4 month check up.  (No, he's not 4 months yet, but the pediatrician's office didn't have anything available in March.  I'm guessing that's because of Spring Break?  So it was either 2 weeks early or 1 month late....I'm no mathematician, but 2 weeks early sounded better to me.)

Loves the mysterious baby in the mirror.

The aftermath.

Everything's ok once you're in mama's arms.


The results:

Jake weighs 14 lbs 15.25 oz (69th percentile) and is 27 in long (off the charts).  YES he is super long...no wonder he's already in 6-9 month sleepers!  I'm now thinking NBA.  : )

He did pretty well with his shots...cried briefly, but was fine by the time we left.  Honestly I think he cried more getting his head measured!  Doug's response:  "We have a weird kid."  Amen.  (Right now he is playing on the floor having an animated conversation with a plastic bird.)  But we love him all the more for it!

"You think you have it tough being plastic?  I have my mom taking pictures of me all day long!"
I'm so glad he's healthy.  AND now we don't have to go to the doctor again until May!  Jake's thighs and  our bank account can breathe a sigh of relief.

No comments: