Dear cutest baby alive,
I can't believe you are 3 months old today! (Actually, what I can't believe is that your dad and I kept you alive for 3 months without any major problems. THANK YOU for being an easy baby!)
THINGS YOU LIKE:
* Number one thing you like: CUDDLING!! You are such a social little thing that you love being around people and you ESPECIALLY love being held by people. Throughout the day I try to put you in your swing or your crib or on a blanket on the floor and let you explore your world a little bit. You tolerate this for about 10 minutes and then you definitely let me know that you are feeling lonely and unstimulated and would like to be picked up rightnowthankyouverymuch.
*Along with being cuddled, you have a certain way that you like to sleep. You like to bury your face into my elbow or chest so that I have no idea how you get any air at all! I'm always checking to make sure that you are breathing : ) Lately you have also started sticking your hand in your dad's or my shirt so that you can touch our skin. It's hilarious to feel your little fingers (lovingly) scratching my arm as you sleep. Ha.
| Breathe, son, breathe! |
*Your pacifier. Sometimes if it falls out and is resting on your chest you lower your head and root around to try to find it with your mouth. Other times you grab the string that attaches it to your shirt and try to pull it up to your mouth again. One day soon little bud!
*Sucking on your fist. Your entire fist. We have tried to introduce you to your thumb but you prefer the company of your entire hand.
| Tastes like chicken. |
*Your bath. It surprises you when you first get in and you kind of gasp, but then you really seem to enjoy it, especially having warm water poured over you. I showed you how to splash and I think that will be a mistake one day soon. : )
*You are SO ACTIVE! You kick and kick and kick and kick. And wave your arms around. I'm not sure why I bother to put socks on you most days as you like to push them off when you kick. Baby's gonna be a soccer playa!
*You are able to put your weight on your legs and you love being pulled to a standing position and looking around. You are so tall for a baby but it's so funny to see little you trying to stand up. You look like a munchkin out of the Wizard of Oz.
Andddd...
*You can fart with the best of them. (Of course if your future wife is reading this, that's not true. For everyone else, it's hilarious.)
THINGS YOU DON'T LIKE:
*Being awakened before you're ready. I bought you an Oscar the Grouch shirt because you are a crank pot unless you wake up naturally.
*Your carseat. We're working on this because mama's got places to go and people to see! (Ok, not really. But sometimes we have to get out of the house so we stop watching stupid TV shows like 16 & Pregnant. And how am I going to take you to the library every day if you don't like to ride in the car?) You are doing better and now you really only CRY when I'm backing into the garage. I always brace myself and, sure enough, when I switch into reverse, you protest quite vigorously. (Sidenote: I think that backing a family vehicle into a teensy garage while a baby wails in the backseat should be part of an obstacle course for the military or a TV game show. It will weed out the weak-hearted.) I have also learned how to drive one-handed while reaching behind me to hold your pacifier in your mouth. They don't teach you that skill in driver's ed!
| Doing better. But not loving it. |
| Meh. |
We love you little Jugbug! Can't wait to see what the next 3 months brings.
Love, Mommy and Daddy (Weird!)
2 comments:
I can't believe he's 3 months old! What a cutester. I have the best nephew in the world.
OMG, if only i could pinch your child. the cutest.
Post a Comment