Pages

14 March 2011

4 Months Old


Little buddy, you turned 4 months old yesterday!  Whaaaaaattttt??? How is that possible?  Sometimes when I look at you I think I see a glimpse of you as a toddler...you seem to look more like a little boy than a baby.  Slow down, son!  I'm not ready to give up all of our cuddle time together.  I love it too much.

This month you:
-are much better at holding up your head.  You were always strong, but now when you are held you spend more time straightening your spine and looking around than looking around at the ground.  You are still kind of a bobblehead, though. : )  You can also hold your head up during tummy time!  As a result, you enjoy being on your tummy more and I actually saw you smile once or twice last week while you were pushing off the ground and looking around.  It's still not your favorite, but I see progress.

-ROLLED OVER.  Daddy was kind of helping you at first, but then you did it on your own!  We were so excited that we all cheered for you, and I guess the sudden explosion of noise startled you because you started crying.  Ha ha : )  It was so cute.

-are doing better in the carseat.  You've actually fallen asleep in it while I've been driving (amazing!).  We went to Nana and Poppa's house last week and out of the 15 hours it took to get there and back, you probably only cried for 2 or 3 of them.  YES.
"Do I like this?"
No.


-have gained a lot of control over your hands.  You love to grasp anything within reach.  Sometimes this is my skin or hair and OW!  you have little pinchers.  : )

-put EVERYTHING in your mouth.  Including my face.

-are super smiley and giggly when you're not tired.  You like any kind of physical play (being pulled to a standing position, being rolled around, being tickled) and ALWAYS smile when your daddy and I say "hi" to you.  Sometimes this makes us laugh because you will be crying, we will say "hi", you will smile, and then go right back to crying.  : )

-are much more aware of your surroundings.  Anytime we are anywhere new, you love to look around and take it all in.  This can kind of hinder your naps, however, as you are much more interested in what's going on around you than in closing your eyes and falling asleep.

-DROOL.

-have become a bit of a mama's boy.  You now think that the only way you can really fall asleep is in my arms.  Not that I'm really complaining.  But I think for your sake, we will have to teach you to fall asleep on your own, in your crib, in the next month or so.  Gulp.  Not looking forward to that!

- love to "talk".  It's so funny to hear your squeals.


We love you.  You are the bomb.

3 comments:

meme-and-he said...

so adorable!!

Heart Charlie said...

Awww these photos are just so adorable/beautiful!

christine donee said...

oh.em.gee. those photos are too cute!

xoxo
Christine
www.aquietdetermination.blogspot.com